Logg inn med Facebook eller Google!

Kulturarrangement Chios

Started by Mixelite, 20. May 07, 15:19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixelite

Jeg fikk en mail i dag, og gjengir den her i tilfelle det kunne friste noen:

Dear music friends,

We are organizing a percussions seminar from June 28-June 30 2007, at the island of Chios, Greece. The instructors are well known professionals with acclaimed artistry: 1. Vangelis Karipis, for traditional Greek and Eastern european percussions, 2. Socrates Yaniaris for Latin American percussions.

Arrival on Wednesday, June 27. On Saturday June 30, there will be a concert with the instructors, Yiorgos Makris (kaval, gaida) and all the participants.

The seminar costs 240 euros for those who will stay at the village\'s inns (includes 4 nights stay, four breakfats and four meals, 18 hours of Master Calss meetings, 7 hours of relaxing meditation).  For those who will stay at other sites it is 120 euros.  It will take place at the medieval neighbourhood, Spilia, in the village Kardamyla, Chios, Greece.

The seminar is part of a series of art events called World\' s moons at Spilia that will take place throughout summer during or around the fullmoon.  It aims to bring together artists, visitors and the people of the village and become a creative bridge that connects the past and present memories of neighbourhood cultures.    

OTHER EVENTS include
June 2 - Music of Iran and Afganistan w. Eugenios Voulgaris, rabab, saz, voice,  Sergios Voulgaris,  tombak, daff, bentir, Theodora Athanasiou,  saz, cura saz, Spilios Kastanis, contrabass
June 30 - Improvisations with percussions w. Vangelis Karipis, Socrates  Yaniaris (percussions) and Yiorgos Makris, gaida, kaval
July 29 - At the island of lost lovers with Maria Thoidou, singer, songwritter, and the virtuosos Kostas Raptis, bayian, Themios Adjakas, oud, guitar, Efren Lopez, saz, viola de roda, Kyriakos Tapakis, bass, Loukas Metaxas, percussions
July 30 - Classic guittar recital¨from Bach to Piazolla  Yiorgos Manolis, Yiorgos Ayiassoglou perform Bach, Barios, Koshkin, Piazzola, more
August 26 - \"Fin amor\" with the Tinisian singer Lamia Bediui and the percussionists Solis Barki (also didjeridoo) and Nikos Souliotis
Also there will be two experimental plays and two art shows.

Please pass the information to others.

Also, please share any ideas you may have regarding forums or sites to send the information about the seminar and the  concerts we are having.  

We are very proud and excited to bring such wonderfull music to a small, picturesque, isolated part of the world and would like to make it known to as many people as possible.  

We will have the detailed program in English by the middle of next week accompanied with the rest of \"Calliope arts space\" activities.  

In the meantime, please feel free to contact us for further details and inform us if you want to receive a complete Press Release and photos.

Thank you very much for your attention and for spreading the word!

Have a nice summer,

Calliope Liadi
for
Calliope Arts Space,
Chios, Greece

Siste innlegg i forumet

Artikkel om buegangene i Ano Syros
by marjana | 24. Apr 24, 16:02:28
Her er en grundig artikkel om historien rundt alle...
Re: Hvor er dette? 1032
by Diddi | 22. Apr 24, 21:46:13
Ja, minner om de mektige fjella deromkring. ...
Re: Vårtur - 2018 - Kardamili
by Kabi | 22. Apr 24, 19:01:52
Så koselig å se deg her igjen, Katherina :) Da b...
Amorgos blir neste
by Diddi | 14. Apr 24, 11:44:17
Ja, neste reise for oss blir på juvelen Amorgos i...
Re: Bildeserie fra Kithnos
by Diddi | 14. Apr 24, 11:22:45
☀️...
Re: Foto fra Kea
by Diddi | 14. Apr 24, 11:01:11
:) ...
Re: Kea og Kythnos
by marjana | 11. Apr 24, 00:34:01
Fergene fra Lavrio har en rute tur/retur bare Lavr...
Re: Nye branner
by Kabi | 09. Apr 24, 09:52:33
Kreta er også rammet av branner,mennesker alvorli...
GRATULERER med dagen !
by Kabi | 25. Mar 24, 12:58:44
Gratulerer med dagen, Hellas !https://www.ekathime...
Re: Artikkel om alle trappene og buegangene i Ano Syros
by marjana | 17. Mar 24, 16:11:38
Ja, jeg har lagt ut mange bilder av hus og buegang...
Re: Hvor skal vi dra i sommer?! Kan dere hjelpe oss?
by Kabi | 14. Mar 24, 11:46:42
Anbefaler varmt den romantiske byen Nafplio på Pe...
Flyttelass til Hellas
by Phillip Lian | 10. Mar 24, 11:52:28
Jeg prøver å bli klok på tollregler, men blir i...
Re: Kalo mina!
by Kabi | 01. Mar 24, 11:06:42
Kalo mina, mars 2024 !167.JPGUtsikt til Poros....
Re: Testing testing ena-thio-tria HER KAN DU TESTE DET DU VIL!
by kaka | 29. Feb 24, 12:43:55
Da prøver jeg igjenFant ikke utav av hva "Us...
Re: Kreta chania by hotel nær strand
by hakon57 | 17. Feb 24, 13:52:10
Hei, noen anbefalinger Hotel nær strand chania by...